• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 muaddib

muaddib

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Hey! So amongst many other things I am in the market for, one of  them is a good pair of shooting/tactical gloves. As much as I enjoy my lightweight nomex flight gloves, I often find myself figeting with  them and its annoying at this point. I heard the PIG gloves were great (there was an article on here about them) and I have heard good stuff about camelbak's line of gloves, and mechanix, but not really sure whats all to go with...whether it is either of these or something completely different.Any suggestions?

#2 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 935 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

You cant go wrong with the PIGs. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#3 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Aren't the PIGs on BO until the end of summer?

#4 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Archangel1 said:

Aren't the PIGs on BO until the end of summer?

Indeed.

ITS-Psy-ATACS-sig2_zps3c44c94b.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#5 muaddib

muaddib

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

This makes me a sad panda...well fortunately I don't need them now so I think I can put that off for a bit /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_cool.gifAny other glove recommendations?

#6 RealWoodsmen

RealWoodsmen

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I have a pair of Kinco #2031's, which work well. 3 fingers are cut off, pointer, middle, and thumb, and they are great for shooting. Take a bit to break in, but they work well, and are cheap ($20). Made in Pakistan, unfortunately, but good quality none the less. Only other glove I would recommend would be a pair of folding mitten Carhartt gloves. These are mittens, but the mitten part folds back to reveal cut a cut off glove, where it only goes halfway up your fingers. Same thing on the thumb as well.
"If at first you don’t succeed, call in an airstrike."

Semper Fi, do or die.

#7 uspopo

uspopo

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

I have a pair of Mechanix gloves that I've been using for awhile and love them.
"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#8 B8dsbA4

B8dsbA4

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBergen County, NJ

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

I have been using my Oakley SI assault gloves. Link to gloves

nleomflogo2.jpg

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.

#9 SFPD2010

SFPD2010

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationN. IL

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I get the normal aviator nomax gloves on eBay or where ever, for about 5-10 a piece, and send them to a lady close to me, she cuts them Down to just paste the wrist for 2 bucks a pair, so I end up with a glove that works wonders for 7 to 12 a pair

#10 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,078 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

I used some Oakley SI assault glove knock-offs for about a year and still use them today for screwing around with but I loved the look so much that I ended up buying some real ones and though you pay a premium for Oakley they are pretty bad ass gloves.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#11 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

You cant go wrong with the PIGs. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif

Thanks for the vote Centcom! We just got our new batch in!

SOS
Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#12 Slipery4life

Slipery4life

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDFW TX

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Like i have no clue what to look for in some gloves i have only used gloves when i snowboard or working on my car other than that im not sure about shooting gloves but id love a good pair for like working around the house or going hiking or god forbid a get home sitiuation or bug out situation where gloves would be nice to have

#13 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Check centcomsurvivor's review on the pig alpha gloves. I don't have the link handy, but you should be able to find it on the ITS site easily enough.

ITS-Psy-ATACS-sig2_zps3c44c94b.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#14 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 611 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

SKD reports Pig's are back in stock as of this morning!

#15 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

PIG Alphas were back in stock last night, 7 hours after I place an order. Dang...

#16 Mother73

Mother73

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

hmm. having small hands make the glove fit really difficult. I always end up with cycling half gloves, but the gel pads along places like my thumb really reduce fatigue.

#17 SKD_Tactical

SKD_Tactical

Salty Dog

• ITS Sponsor
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

hmm. having small hands make the glove fit really difficult. I always end up with cycling half gloves, but the gel pads along places like my thumb really reduce fatigue.

I have embarassingly small hands for a guy. I was a runner up in the BK Whopper commercials.
I wear small mechanix gloves and small PIG FDT-A gloves - come to think of it most gloves I'm a small in.

SOS

Edited by SKD_Tactical, 28 November 2012 - 10:47 AM.

Visit us at www.skdtac.com
& www.facebook.com/skdtactical
With Skill, Knowledge and Determination... You Will Prevail!

#18 Slipery4life

Slipery4life

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDFW TX

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I can't find anyone that sells the pig in size medium or large ...... I'm not sure which I am in the pig glove

#19 Archangel1

Archangel1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

You can only buy the PIG gloves through SKD. Measure your hand using their sizing guide to choose the right size.

You might also want to hit a golf store and try on golf gloves. You will quickly gain a pretty good idea about both hand size and finger length. They are the thinest and most tactial feeling glove that I have found. Just not too much protection in the brush.

#20 Mother73

Mother73

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I have embarassingly small hands for a guy. I was a runner up in the BK Whopper commercials.
I wear small mechanix gloves and small PIG FDT-A gloves - come to think of it most gloves I'm a small in.

SOS

my biggest issue is that my fingers are short, and thin, so I can't stretch width wise enough in the fingers to lose the tip gap. And nothing is worse than gloves that fit like a bad condom. so, stick with half glove, and if it's really cold, slide a pair of the childrens magic stretch gloves under the bike glove. silly? probably. but seems easier than learning to sew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users