5 replies to this topic

#1 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Been eyeballing one of these for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

http://www.benchmade...16#.UJU2yLQSXpg

I wanted a dedicated medic/rescue tool for both overseas and to keep in the truck, and the Triage seems to fit the bill, so lets take a closer look.

The most striking thing off the bat is the BRIGHT orange G-10 handle. It feels great in the hand and is super tacky even when wet.

Posted Image

The triage is 3 tools in one. Here is the built in rescue hook that can be deployed one handed. My only beef here it that the hook does not lock in place like the blade. Should not be a real issue, but just putting it out there.

Posted Image

There is also a carbide glass breaker:

Posted Image

Finally, there are a few blade options on this rig, and I chose the 916 model which has non-tipped opposing bevel blade. I like this blade style for up close work. I do wish it was a tad thicker, as I would not want to try to use it as a pry tool (I carry a fixed blade Strider for that in the field). I know there is debate on the serrated vs straight, but I like a partial serrated blade. This knife does have the option of no serrations as well as no black coating. The 915 model has a sheep's foot blade with similar options.

Posted Image

Overall, I think this blade will fit the bill nicely for its intended use. I do have a couple of complaints (as mentioned above), but they are not showstoppers. The price is on average for a USA made product (street price $120-160). It will be going with me to Afghanistan soon, so I will update with a performance report upon my return.

Edited by jinx667, 03 November 2012 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image

#2 WolfGrey

WolfGrey

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Just got this for my brother as a best man gift he's a LEO...great piece of kit!!
Posted Image

#3 Highwaystreets

Highwaystreets

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Nice knife.... Love benchmade products! Been looking at one for awhile, might have to pick one up

#4 TBlood

TBlood

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTeh Internets

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Glad to see some upclose shots of this knife and read a little bit about it. I'm considering getting one and keeping it on me in case I need it for CLS.
"The unexamind life is not worth living."

#5 ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

I've been carrying one of these for about a year. It's turned out to be a great knife. The only thing I couldn't stand was the factory edge. I threw a hair splitting convex grind on it and it really made it work better for me. I even did a little light batoning with it with no issues.

#6 Rocketman_87

Rocketman_87

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I've got to get one of these!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users