8 replies to this topic

#1 thefoolofemmaus

thefoolofemmaus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPacific, MO

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hey all, I haven't seen any reference to Road ID here, so I thought I'd plug them. Road ID are a series of wrist bands with laser engraved emergency info. Mine has my name, my wife's phone number, a back up person's number, and some basic medical information (blood type, allergies etc). I'm an avid road biker and runner, and don't leave the house without mine. Here is the site:

http://www.roadid.co...on/default.aspx
  • tumbleweed likes this

#2 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 666 posts
  • LocationD/FW

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

That's actually a great idea. Whenever I run, I almost always have my ID on me but just recently I got something similar to the Road ID. There was a deal on Earndit for a Go Sport ID (really the same thing) and I got one.

Posted Image

They have a bunch of different models and styles and I recommend everyone get something like this.

As a disclaimer, if you sign up for Earndit through the link above, I earn 100 bonus points after you earn your first 100 activity points. But you also get 50 bonus points yourself by doing that.
  • tumbleweed likes this

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#3 thefoolofemmaus

thefoolofemmaus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPacific, MO

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

That is slick looking! The only thing I don't like about it, as opposed to RoadID, is the lettering is the same color as the backer, which I think would make it harder to read in low light conditions.

#4 Spooky353

Spooky353

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

I always run or walk with mine, saves space and in the event of an accident or something like that they are unmistakeable.

#5 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Seems like a pretty good idea. Like a wrist dog tag.
Posted Image

#6 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 490 posts
  • LocationPaulden, AZ

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

That is slick looking! The only thing I don't like about it, as opposed to RoadID, is the lettering is the same color as the backer, which I think would make it harder to read in low light conditions.

Don't worry about that, you already know what it says, and besides the only ones who will need to read it are paramedics treating your unconscious body or cops trying to identify your corpse. Either way they'll have a light handy and you'll be beyond caring.
  • Psybain, Thomas Brown and Section13 like this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif Don't confuse post count with intelligence.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#7 Armitage12

Armitage12

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 141 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hey all, I haven't seen any reference to Road ID here, so I thought I'd plug them. Road ID are a series of wrist bands with laser engraved emergency info. Mine has my name, my wife's phone number, a back up person's number, and some basic medical information (blood type, allergies etc). I'm an avid road biker and runner, and don't leave the house without mine. Here is the site:

http://www.roadid.co...on/default.aspx

My wife has had one for about two years (competitive runner), and this Christmas she got me one. It was the Wrist ID Elite. The band is secured by the kind of clasp you'd find on a metal watch band. Inside, the band is marked with notches, and the first time you put it on it is too big. Then you gradually trim the band down, resetting it in the clasp, until you are at the 'right' setting. The band is silicon, and wearing it in the shower I find it stays nice and clean. The clasp and the ID are lightweight (aluminum I assume) and my hairy arms have only been tagged a few times. It is snug under a French cuff shirt, and just fine under everything else. Well recommended.

#8 Pathfinder1021

Pathfinder1021

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

My wife and I have Road Ids as well... they are a great tool to have!

Brian

#9 tumbleweed

tumbleweed

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 158 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Good find - thank for posting, have been thinking of getting something like this.
Posted Image
Carpe Ductem!
Oath Keeper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users