• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 agentorange197

agentorange197

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Baldwin County Deputy Scott Ward was shot Friday evening during an exchange of gunfire when he and two other deputies responded to a family dispute call.

Deputy Ward was also a reserve member of Port Security Unit 308 with the United States Coast Guard.

Here is the local news article:

A shooting in the Marlow area of Baldwin County ends with two people dead. One worked with the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office for several years. Investigators say Deputy Scott Ward was shot multiple times by Michael Jansen. It happened on Mallard Lane near Fish River.

Deputy Ward and two other deputies responded to a call from Jansen's family members. They said he was acting aggressive and they needed law enforcement to come to their home. As the deputies were talking to Jansen, he pulled out a handgun and started shooting.

Jansen was killed during the exchange of gunfire. The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office is not identifying the deputy critically wounded. He did undergo surgery at the USA Medical Center in Mobile. The third deputy was not injured.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 803 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

RIP. My condolences to his family.

ITS-Psy-ATACS-sig2_zps3c44c94b.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 ElementalSentinel

ElementalSentinel

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Wow, RIP. I frequent Baldwin County at least every two weeks. I wonder how much more cautious the police will be on my next visit.

#4 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

RIP brother.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users