• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Will0311

Will0311

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Im starting out by saying Im not affiliated with Tun Tavern Tactical or Warrior Assault Systems in any way.

I recently stumbled upon a new veteran owned small business via facebook by the name of Tun Tavern Tactical, LLC (http://www.tuntavern...ute=common/home)

This is the company bio, copied ver batem from their companies webpage:

Tun Tavern Tactical LLC is a USMC/US Army Veteran owned & operated venture. We strive to deliver the very best value in the highest quality tactical gear. Warrior Assault Systems represents superior functionality, durability and craftsmanship. We have carefully chosen Warrior as our premier product line. Warrior Assault Systems is a UK based, SAS Veteran owned & operated business. The Warrior line of products are used by members of virtually all NATO coalition forces and contract operators in the Middle East, Horn of Africa, and on classifed ops worldwide. Tun Tavern Tactical LLC is both proud & honored to bring Warrior's products to the USA.

Im not familiar with Warrior Assault Systems but their kit seems to be functional and at a competitive price (for anything made to be used in a real world environment at least so cheap airsoft kit excluded)
Their 901 chest rig seems to be an improved Eagle Industries Rhodesian Recon vest, which is a rig I was already in the market for. Priced similar to the EI RRV, the 901 goes one step further to provide molle pouches that would be normally sold seperatly, so at the very worst, you've got a few extra free mag pouches or an admin pouch to give to a buddy if they arent what you prefer. Its also convienent for someone who is buying a new setup in a different pattern (Im switching to multicam but don't own a single multicam pouch)

Anyway to get to the point, I should be reciving my WAS Chest rig in the mail while Im home in the DFW area for christmas,
If any of the admins would like to give it a test for a gear review, I'll gladly loan you mine as soon as I get it. This seems like a great company that's tough to get in the States and having had a few conversations with the owners of the store trying to bring them to the states, I can vouch for the guys at Tun Tavern Tactical, customer service and quality kit is their #1 priority, they're only selling stuff that they'd use themselves (so no blackhawk or condor stuff)
Please consider reviewing these two great companies, and Admins, if theres anything I can do to help get a review up, please let me know, I think that companies in the tactical/ shooting market who operate on such a strict philosophy of quality are a vanishing breed and really would like to see these small business flourish.
Posted Image "Im too drunk, to taste this chicken" - Col Sanders (ret.)

#2 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 608 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Will,

Maybe you could do the review as a guest contributor on ITS. On the "About" page of the website they talk about being a guest contributor. It'd probably be a cool opportunity. Here's a link if you think you'd be interested.

http://www.itstactical.com/about/

• Will0311 and thefoolofemmaus like this

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#3 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 326 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I like the Spartan blade, nice find Will!
Posted Image

#4 eatmycamo

eatmycamo

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

For those still interested in WAS, they've changed the way their mills attaches to kit. I'll try to get some images up soon but my advice is pick up some Quick Stix or similar items just because they seem flimsy. I'll give a review at some point soon though, being as I'm too cheap to buy extras like that if its unnecessary.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users