23 replies to this topic

#21 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

Because we all know its acceptable to face shoot someone...but not to face PUNCH them... I got told at one point I couldn't have a fixed blade knife on my gun belt at work because it was basically too 'scary' I asked if the gun didn't sort of trump any knife i may carry...short of a crocodile Dundee bowie of course.

I got slapped on the peepee for having a triple open top mag carrier because it's "too aggressive". Closed top is ok, and a double in front and a double in the rear is ok, or extras in pockets, but having 3 exposed mags next to each other is just over the top militaristic. Lol. Isn't pointing a gun at someone aggressive?

#22 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 698 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

I got slapped on the peepee for having a triple open top mag carrier because it's "too aggressive". Closed top is ok, and a double in front and a double in the rear is ok, or extras in pockets, but having 3 exposed mags next to each other is just over the top militaristic. Lol. Isn't pointing a gun at someone aggressive?

A facepalm for each magazine...

e4fd59ffd5026e8d4fc2498d89905d41.jpg

• spenceman, pira114 and BTSmith10 like this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#23 mysteriousjl

mysteriousjl

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCentral MN

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

My medium-cold winter gloves are Mechanix brand with padded knuckles, which I like because they allow me a reasonable amount of dexterity and grip. I've always thought that boxers wore gloves not to protect their opponents, but to protect their hands. There's a specific injury called a "boxer's fracture" that you can get from punching someone in a hard part of the head, which I learned about when I dated a woman who was recovering from such an injury (and yes, she got it punching someone in the hard part of the head).

Come to think of it, I also dated a different girl who'd broken a leg fighting.

Damn, I've never been so embarrassed to have never suffered a serious injury in a fight.

On the other hand, I think my taste in women has improved a bit since then.

Wait, what are we talking about, again?

• spenceman likes this

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#24 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

I'm not convinced hard knuckled gloves would be that much of an asset in a fight. I regularly wrap in Krav Maga to keep my knuckles intact. At work I regularly wear gloves with rubberized protection across the knuckles and fingers to absorb impacts. 

Unless you have something under the hard tips repeated strikes are really going to do a number on your knuckles. Basic laws of physics. What it does to his face, its gonna do to your knuckles unless you can slow that impact down. 

I carry a pair of Hatch PPG2 when I'm doing searches or medical. That's more for PPE against sharps than anything else. If I'm having to resort to fisticuffs on duty, something has gone seriously, seriously wrong.

• mysteriousjl likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users