#1 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hey guys,

Looking for different opinions on what med pouches work for everyone. I've run the DARK Gen 1 and 2 pouch, the generic Eagle Industries style pouch (AKA EMT Pouch), the USMC style pouch, and the 5.11 6x6 pouches.

I'm looking into the HSGI Bleeder/Blowout pouch as I like the streamlined design, but any pouch mentioned needs to be able to hold the following items reasonably well without being too bulky (something I hated about the USMC design)

H&H Gauze
Cinch-Tight
CAT TQ
HALO Seal
ARS Needle
QC Combat Gauze
28 Fr NPA w/ Lube

Posted Image

Pictures of the pouch and contents as well as how your run it on your gear are appreciated

Semper Fi,

-Justin

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#2 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Personally, I've streamlined my EDC kits, and even my work kit more recently. My range/cool guy kit is still a standard 8x8x6 firstaid pouch with probably way too much stuff, but it is what it is.

Now Ive slimmed down to my work/uniform kit which is pretty much the same as yours above minus the NPA. I have that shoved into an ATS medical shingle insert like this one. http://store.greygro...CAL-INSERT.html
Of course that is now changing because the powers that be have decided we no longer need cargo pockets to carry things in, and no outter vest carriers.

What I've come up with is that I will have to now use a belt mounted pouch, and again look over what I feel will be needed, at that I'll probably go with a compression bandage, and a couple QuickClot gauze packages. I can't stand having a lot of stuff on my belt.

Depending on what you are looking for, John from Granite Firearms Training supplies his kits with the newer Condor GPS pouch. I am beyond impressed with it, it holds what you have listed above, and is MOLLE/PALS compatable. I'm planning on picking a couple more up to stock and store around my bags.
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#3 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

So do you like the pouch? Can you post pictures of it with the contents? I would like better organization than just shoving all the items in there at once.

Is this the pouch? http://www.lapoliceg...s-pouch.html#qa

I like how it has a 3x2 velcro panel. That's good for one of those MED patches that NARescue sells. If I replace all the pouches on my kits with it, the MED patch is going on that panel as a quick ID.

TBL-2.png

#4 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Quick bump as I'm still looking for recommendations. I noticed Condor (yeah I know) has some newer medical pouches out now as well. The pouches never failed me overseas, so I don't mind them.

TBL-2.png

#5 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

Condor has a GPS pouch that I have found to work well. Its on the taller side and more narrow but I bet it would hold the above contents. Also has a handy velcro section for us now sewing lazy types for medic pouch and also small flap on pocket that is good for gloves.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#6 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

Here is pouch. I picked it as the hand out for my TacMed class last month. Worked out well.

If needed I bet I can dig up another picture(s)

Attached Files

Edited by DirtyTrigger, 19 December 2013 - 11:19 PM.

• Jersey0311 likes this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#7 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

Here is pouch. I picked it as the hand out for my TacMed class last month. Worked out well.

If needed I bet I can dig up another picture(s)

Would you be able to post a pic of the inside with the contents stuffed in it and a pic of it empty? And also a pic of the contents by themselves. If it pans out, I'll be buying a few with the TMS or NAR MED patch to throw on the velcro panel since it's perfectly sized.

I was also looking at this pouch

http://www.lapoliceg...t-response.html

And this

http://www.lapoliceg...1-emt-lite.html

I have their Rip-Away EMT pouch, but that thing is a damn UPS package sized pouch by itself. Way too big for an IFAK. That's something I'd give to a CLS guy as a smaller alternative to the aid bag.

TBL-2.png

#8 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

For the rig I'm putting together after the holidays, I am really considering the EMT lite from Condor. It looks to be a good size. Let us know how you like it if you go that way.

#9 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

I like the ITS Tactical / Zulu Nylon Gear "ETA Pouch" - but wanted something with a quick-detach capability, from the posterior (on their "war-belt"/standard belt). As I teach trauma classes, I make certain that my students understand that they not only need to be prepared to render aid to a buddy/stranger - but may need to perform life-saving skills to themselves, as well. That said, their IFAK needs to be able to be accessed by either arm. The best means that I have found - thus far - is the ATS "Medical Pouch - Small". It carries the entire content of my IFAK and I can use either arm to easily remove the kit (without dumping the contents of the kit).

http://www.skdtac.co...l-p/ats.110.htm

• Jersey0311 likes this

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM (I will either find a way, or make one.) - Hannibal

ITS Life Member and Crew Leader

Owner and Principal Instructor - at, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC www.facebook.com/ImmediateActionOutfitters

#10 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

JERSEY, you bet.  Give me later today to tomorrow and Ill do a some photos so you can get a good idea of size.

Would you be able to post a pic of the inside with the contents stuffed in it and a pic of it empty? And also a pic of the contents by themselves. If it pans out, I'll be buying a few with the TMS or NAR MED patch to throw on the velcro panel since it's perfectly sized.

I was also looking at this pouch

http://www.lapoliceg...t-response.html

And this

http://www.lapoliceg...1-emt-lite.html

I have their Rip-Away EMT pouch, but that thing is a damn UPS package sized pouch by itself. Way too big for an IFAK. That's something I'd give to a CLS guy as a smaller alternative to the aid bag.

• Jersey0311 likes this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#11 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

JERSEY, you bet.  Give me later today to tomorrow and Ill do a some photos so you can get a good idea of size.

Thanks man! Your service is appreciated.

Also what's the height of the pouch? Is it comparable to an M4 mag pouch? I place my kits on my strong side cummerbund right next to the plate (old SOP from my unit, old habits die hard) so I'm looking for something that won't be jabbing into me etc. Otherwise I'll throw it on the 1st line. I currently run a PC w/ a IFAK on the cummerbund and my other setup has the IFAK on the 1st line. Both pouches (the DARK kit) are comparable in size to an M4 double mag pouch and haven't caused any issues thus far.

Thanks again!

Edited by Jersey0311, 21 December 2013 - 08:18 PM.

TBL-2.png

#12 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hey brother, 

Sorry man but I ended up staying my girlfriends house all weekend.  Wont be back to my place till Monday  I have one on my black carrier.  I do like the size.

Here is a link to the Condor website that has the all the numbers.  But Ill still post up on some photos for real world feel.

http://www.condorout...57gpspouch.aspx

• Jersey0311 likes this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#13 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thanks, looking forward to the photos.

If I can stuff my kit in there, then it's gonna be my go to pouch w/ the MED patch on it. I like how I can keep my gloves seperate as well. Just hoping I can fold up the HALO seal small enough and fit the CAT in there. I don't like to carry the TQs externally anymore after seeing one break at the worst possible time.

TBL-2.png

#14 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

Im with you on not being a fan the exo TQ carry.   I have learned to keep my stuff secured, wrapped, strapped and zipped.  Real world can suck and can fly in the face of tacticool.. From seatbelts, jumping walls, dealing with contacts, bushes, etc.  I try to keep myself all buttoned up.  I see guys run TQ on the outside and I always wondered how they didnt get snagged on stuff.  (all though I have seen some nice mountings with them in between pouches, where they are protected)

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#15 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

I carry them externally on my MOAB (see my bag thread). However, my bag isn't rolling around in the muck, dirt, and sand like my kit was overseas. It also isn't exposed to the elements for hours on end.

We took a casualty. TQ applied (taken off of his armor), but broke. Casualty died as a result. Examination showed that the elements had taken a toll on the material. One of the things I dislike most about the CAT is the amount of velcro on it. Everything gets stuck to velcro. If I were going overseas again, I'd only bring SOF-TWs because they don't have as much velcro.

That being said, stateside gear that doesn't see much rolling around in the dirt I don't see much of an issue w/ having a TQ externally mounted. However, where the elements don't come into play, everything else you mentioned (snags) does. It's a trade off.

TBL-2.png

#16 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

OK, Finally got to update.

Here is some pics on the back side of my carrier.  The mag is there for sizing ideas.  In the pouch I have standard CAT T style TQ and a 4" compression bandage with the tie bar.  The 4" is not the most compact thing but I think handy.  So keep in mind, it is bulky  Hopefully, the pics show there is plenty of room to add some gauze packages, etc. Front pocket be great for gloves or packets for alcohol wipes.  Handy feature.  

Attached Files

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#17 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet on this one. Hopefully it'll fit the contents in my picture above. Thanks again!

TBL-2.png

#18 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Jersey, I have this same pouch, I got one from DirtyTrigger, and just for shits and giggles I took nearly the exact contents that you have pictured in your original post and made a go at fitting them in this Condor pouch. It is a tight fit, but they do all fit. 

I will post a couple pics here shortly... 

Edit with Pics:

DObybyMl.jpg?1

Jsyx1Wsl.jpg

uCoK0i8l.jpg

upfALnil.jpg

KFgvMWQl.jpg

Edited by Davis, 23 December 2013 - 11:39 PM.

• DirtyTrigger likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#19 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Thanks Davis, definitely biting the bullet on this one. Will I have space behind the pouch to shove some shears in between the pouch and the cummerbund?

Edited by Jersey0311, 24 December 2013 - 08:22 AM.

TBL-2.png

#20 muaddib1

muaddib1

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

I would also consider SO techs viper pouch. They have a small and a large pouch. The new military IFAKs were modeled on them. They are pricey but I think worth the money. The great thing is the they slide out from the carrier so doesn't matter what side they are on you carry on it's ambidextrous and easily can go on the back. I have one on my tactical tailor removeable operator bag on the front definitely helps with balancing weight. here's the links:

Big pouch:
https://sotechtactic...oducts/vfifaka1

Small:
https://sotechtactic...ducts/vfifaka1b
  • ETCGIB likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users