• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CenterMass

CenterMass

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

FYI - Ruger has announced a new compact carry pistol in 9mm.  It looks like a beefed up LCP.  Heres the link to all who are interested: http://ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html It looks like Ruger wants to jump into the compact carry market now along with Sig Sauer and their announcement of the P290.  Looking at the specs on the two, the Sig P290 is a half an inch shorter on length and height.  The LC9 looks closer in dimensions to the SR9C, which begs the question since its kinda big for a pocket gun, why not get the higher cap. pistol.  Regardless, Id hate to feel how bad the recoil on these would snap you.   Some people poo-poo little guns like this and thats cool.  Me, I think theyre neat.  I live in Illinois so CCW in general is a lofty dream Ill probably never see anyway.
/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/PlankOwnerSignature.png

#2 Kingkroupa

Kingkroupa

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

I'm just glad it has real sites on it.
Posted Image
tacticaltexan.wordpress.com
Keep up the good fight-Rob

#3 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 685 posts
  • LocationD/FW

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

I agree with @Kingkroupa.I have an LCP and the sights on there are pretty much nonexistent. But then again, it's a super crazy compact handgun. I'm wanting to add a Crimson Trace to it though.But I'd like to try the LC9 and see how it feels in hand in holster.Here are some pics I found online with a good size comparison of the LC9 and the LCP. [source]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#4 jarhead88

jarhead88

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

well sir if your looken for good tactical info and or advice,well think about this a silent kill if you need it and or a silent deadly on sight,looking,well those are some of the questions you need to ask yourself,the gun itself does feel great in a holster,buts its about what holster works faster,for a quick pull and also take in concideration of the quick mag action you need
HONOR.CODE.LOYALTY

#5 tragicview

tragicview

Landlubber

• Life Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLong Beach

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

I picked up my new LC9 with LaserTech laser last Tuesday. Have not been working with the laser yet as I have been breaking it in with just the regular sights. Long and firm trigger pull, but in getting used to it, it's very smooth. Add the thumb safety, which is a personal preference, and I'm very happy with how it handles and gets ready for firing; near perfect feel in the hand (my hand anyway.) Will post more later when i get around to using the laser sight.
Posted Image

#6 tragicview

tragicview

Landlubber

• Life Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLong Beach

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Just to update you all...I'm now more than a thousand rounds down the barrel and it works like a charm. Only thing I find that I have to work on is using the Lasermax laser sight. I prefer the good old front/rear sight, and the laser throws me off since any wobble in your grip really shows up. For what I want this gun for, it's perfect, and continues to works well with proper care and feeding.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users