• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Wheelhouse

Wheelhouse

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

Since it seems there are at least a few of us who have iPhones, it's great to know when apps that apply to our interests are out there.  There are so many now it gets hard to find out about them.  If you know of some out now, or when new ones arrive, post 'em!  Here are some that I use and recommend:
  • ITS Tactical
  • Winchester Ballistic Calculator
  • iBearArms (concealed carry info. from state to state)
  • Surefire Shot Timer
  • Taurus Shot Timer

Posted Image"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson

#2 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 685 posts
  • LocationD/FW

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

I have three of those apps, ITS, Surefire Shot Time, and iBearArms.  Great apps!  I was looking at the ballistic calculators but I don't really need that one right now.  Good find!

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#3 John

John

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:37 AM

Here's a list of a few of the apps i currently have on my iphone:Army sniper manualConstitution for iphonebackpack checklist (EDC MUST HAVE)gun concealed (concealed carry laws for select states)ITS Tactical (of course)Knot guidemilitary instructors manualsurvival pocket referenceWe The People- citizens almanacYour Rightswiki how- how to and DYI survival kitiFirst aidThe one i find most used is Weather Channel Max. Living in Colorado all 4 seasons can come in one day...I want the Knight Armament Bullet Flight, but just don't do enought long range shooting to justify the cost.I as well just added the above mentioned shot timers from taurus and surefire. These are going to be real handy at the range.I'd say 90% of these are free. Can never have enough reference material.I do carry lots more, but have no relevance here. 
Posted Image

#4 Wheelhouse

Wheelhouse

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

thanks John, I've already downloaded 4 apps off your list!   This is the kind of stuff I was hoping to find...
Posted Image"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson

#5 Kingkroupa

Kingkroupa

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

John said:

I want the Knight Armament Bullet Flight, but just don't do enought long range shooting to justify the cost.

I will go ahead and say that app is amazing, I was going through a course and the instructors bet our class a case of beer none of us could hit the 800m target with the 240b.  Thanks to the app we got our case of beer.

Edited by Kingkroupa, 10 January 2011 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image
tacticaltexan.wordpress.com
Keep up the good fight-Rob

#6 900189515

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

Stupid question? Are these apps available for the iPod and iPad? I have an iPod which was just purchased (32GB touch) and still learning.

Posted Image /wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png                                                                                 

Amatuers train until they get it right, professionals train until they can't get it wrong!

#7 BravoDodger

BravoDodger

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

Yea, they are all compatible. Read my post on how to jailbreak an Iphone/Touch and you'll never pay for another app. I wouldnt do it to a brand new Ipad though. Voids your warranty, and although I haven't downloaded any yet Installous has several ballistic calculators, including the KA Bullet Flight.  
Opera non Verba

#8 Mike Russo

Mike Russo

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 26 posts
  • Locationthe airport...probably

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Why in te hell can I not find the IT'S app? I have tried repeatedly. No luck.

#9 j.k.chan24

j.k.chan24

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

@Mike Russo - They removed the ITS app a little while back.  I asked the same question when it stopped working. http://www.itstactic........-update-2/
Posted Image

#10 berserkirtec

berserkirtec

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

I came across an amazing iPhone/iPad application last night. The application is called Dry Fire Trainer (http://dryfiretrainer.blogspot.com). The application allows you to create your own custom timed drills and regimen of drills. You are able to utilize your iPhone/iPad device as a dry fire target and/or automated drill timer. The point of aim graphic (customisable by type and size) allows you to focus your aim. There is also the option for a simultaneous audible cue alerting you when the target is available to engage. This application allowed me to laser focus my dry fire and drawing drills. I was able to actually treat my weapon manipulation training more like a gym workout using automated and timed "reps and sets". I also plan on using this application for my live fire training at the range. I will be able to place the target down range, initiate my customized automated regimen of drills on my iPhone and focus on my technique, not messing with timers constantly . I highly recommend this application. It is well worth the $2.99 and a great investment in furthering my training.
  • Mike Russo likes this

#11 JIMinSVAZ

JIMinSVAZ

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

I was unable to find the iBearArms app...

#12 Slipery4life

Slipery4life

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDFW TX

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

anyone know a good offline map app, i think smartphones can be a great assest even in situations where towers go down and your network is not available. but all of the topo maps ive downloaded require you to have some kind of network to be able to use.

#13 USMC1

USMC1

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I was unable to find the iBearArms app...

i was unable to find it also. must have been removed like the ITS app
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users